It’s Monday, so you know that it’s #Mondaymask time! Today we are back to our beloved Glamglow masks!
As you may know by now, Joana bought the set that brings a little bit of every Glamglow mask. So, normally she is the one that talks about this brand. But today, I tried a sample of one of them: the Gravitymud firming treatment. So, I will be the one talking about it.
By now I already used this sample two times, so I can say that it brings a good amount of product. (Thanks, Glamglow)
Before I try any product I like to make a little research about it, just because I like to know everything I can before I put it on my body. So I found that:
– this masks is good for normal, oily, combination and dry skin;
– it’s part of a solution for fine lines and wrinkles, uneven skin tone and loss of fitness and elasticity.
If you still didn’t try this mask, let me tell you that this is a mud-based, peel-off face mask designed to tighten the appearance of the skin.
I’m still twenty-seven years old (twenty-eight on December) so I didn’t expected a big difference with this product because (and I’m glad to say this) I still don’t have a lot of wrinkles, one here one there from expression.
But when I pull it off, I noticed that my skin tone looks more even. The skin feels so soft and I felt it a little more tighten (even in the next day).
According to Sephora’s website, the mask changes color from white to a brilliant chrome. I don’t know if the fact that I tried a sample changes that, but mine was always chrome (maybe a more brilliant chrome when it dried).
How you should use it:
1. Apply a generous layer to a clean skin with the fingers or a brush, avoiding the eyebrows and hairline (take in consideration that if the mask dries on top of hair, when you pull it off, the hair will be dragged with the mask. I used my fingers and don’t worry that it rinse with no problems).
2. Leave on and relax for 20 to 30 minutes. (This is the step where you will se -allegedly – a change of color from white to chrome as it dries).
Enjoy this moment! Take some pictures to send your girlfriends or take advantage to the fact that’s Halloween and scare the kids that ask you for candy. With some aluminum foil on your head and you will be the perfect Alien!
3. Once it’s completely dry, gently peel of the edges of the mask. (This is the best step. I loved the feeling of the peel off.
4. Rise off any excess with warm water and you are good to go!
You can use this mask twice a week for best results.
The texture, unlike the other masks from this brand, is a cream without irregularities that when dry, stays like paper. The smell beauties OMG, it smells so good is like a Piña Colada.
Now, let’s talk about the price. It costs $69.00 for 1.7 os./50ml or $22.00 for 0.5 oz./15ml.
Is it expensive? Yes, we already talked about the expensive prices of the Glamglow masks. But if you can afford it and want a mask that thightens your skin, then this is the one!
Will I buy the real size after trying the sample? For now, no! I still don’t feel the need to use a mask for wrinkles and elasticity problems.
But maybe in a couple of years, this will be my BFF!
Pro-tip: use this mask as a before-makeup treatment for visibility firm and toned skin.
Thank you for being here. Hope you like it!