Today we bring you an affordable makeup palette. Sometimes it is possible to find good products that won’t cost you the price of a kidney.
So, for now I won’t say what was the price I pay for this, but I will show you all the details of this palette and in the end we will see if you agree with me, that the quality vs price is acceptable. Is that okay?
Let’s start by the beginning: this is a limited edition by Sleek makeup and it’s a Mineral based Eyeshadow palette.
According to the informations on the packaging and website (little information, I must say):
‘… features 12 highly-pigmented, mineral-bkased eye colors in soft hues from dusky coral to matte brown with a pop of bright peach’.
Before trying the eyeshadows:
– The paper box is pretty;
– Overall the list of ingredientes is not too bad;
– This palette brought the best mirror I ever seen on an eyeshadow palette.
I didn’t like…
– The eyeshadows came in a plastic black box, nothing special and very hard to open (It’s almost the second time I almost break my nail when I try to open this palette)
– The eyeshadows don’t have a name. I know this is not important in the big scene of things (like eyeshadows pigmentation, quality, etc), but I like some kind of identification on the shades
– It brings a double eyeshadow sponge applicator (I don’t use that kind of applicator – but there are people that like it, nothing against them! But I understand that maybe they thought this type of brush was the best to apply metallic shades, so the pigment would stick better to the eye…but I still prefer my finger)
After trying the eyeshadows:
What I like…
– The shades are beautiful. And the best? They are very pigmented! I like it a lot!
– The smooth, soft texture blends easly.
– The intense pigmentation adds bold color and shine to your looks.
– The shadows stay in place for a nice time.
– It brings 9 metallic shadows, 1 semi-matte and 2 matte (perfect as trasition shades).
– I think it’s a good palette if you like neutral looks with some sparkle finish. I love the fact that the looks stayed in place for some time (unlike other eyeshadow from expensive brands that I have).
What I didn’t like…
– You don’t have a lot of possibilities because the shades are very similar.
– I didn’t love the fall out of some shadows- a word that I hate when it comes to eyeshadows – fall out! Be careful, specially with the metallic shades or your under eyes will shine like a disco ball. – for me this the main disadvantage of this palette.
Tip: when you’re applying the shadows, use a cotton pad under your eye or apply the shadow when you still have your baking powder under your eye, so when you remove the powder, the eyeshadow fall goes away with the powder. You can also wet your brush with a setting spray before applying the shadows.
Now, let’s talk about the price. It cost 12,28€ and in Portugal you can buy it on Sephora’s stores. Or you can buy it on Sleek website for 10,58€.
So, what do you think about the price vs quality? I am happy with my purchase. Honestly, it’s not the best palette because you don’t have a lot of different colors to work/play, but the metallic shadows are beautiful and very pigmented.
I hope you liked it. If you have or tried this palette tell me what you think about it!