Raise your hand if you don’t have or never had blackheads! If you have your hand up then congratulations! I am jealous!
Blackheads are a pain in the a** (sorry)! I admit that squeeze them, and watching videos of people taking them, hello Dr. Pimple Popper!, are a delight and I think that when we got out that most stubborn blackhead, the world turns more bright in seconds!
But make no mistake, blackheads can be very stubborn and usually when we have one, it eventually appears again after a while.
But you ask, so what if we do a proper cleaning? Well, the truth is that even with the best cleaning products, the best masks or the best exfoliating products are not totally blackheads proof. Of course, a good cleaning routine will make it hard to get so many blackheads but if you are like me, there will always be a few that will make an appearance! I admit that in my college years I was not careful with my skincare routine and had 90% more blackheads than today, but this is still one of my main problems when it comes to the skin.
For these reasons, it is normal that when I see a blackhead removal product, I start to feel butterflies in my stomach, because who doesn’t love to see what we can get with these patches.
This time I tried the Sephora Charcoal nose stripes. I found this product on my last visit at Sephora, each package costs 5,90€ and brings 3 adhesive patches.
In the package it says that these are Charcoal nose stripes to reduce the appearance of blackheads and that’s 100% super-efficient, but is it really?
Let’s see first how it should be used:
- Remove makeup and cleanse the nose. Remove the transparent protective film.
- Apply the strip onto slightly damp nose skin with the shiny side against the skin.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes. Peel the strip off.
- It should be used 2 times a week.
I used it two times, the other stripe was for my nephew.
- Easy and quick. I’m used to trying blackheads patches that I have to leave it for way more than ten minutes.
- The scent is really nice and pleasant. I didn’t mind to have an Eau the toilette with this scent.
- Great for sensitive skin. It doesn’t hurt at all when we remove it. Normally these types of stripes, with time, turn really hard and sometimes they hurt.
- You can talk and make your normal life when you have it on you.
- The skin stays really soft after you take the strip. No dry patches on the next day!
- It didn’t leave remain product on the skin.
- It is not 100% efficient! Maybe 50-60% efficient. The first stripe only came with face hair and dead skin, maybe two blackheads. The second one brough a little more but it still left a lot of blackheads on the nose.
- Three stripes are not enough for a month.
- Results only with continuous use.
Who will like this?
These are good for people with sensitive skin. And that want to take some dirt, sebum or even facial hair from the nose area. If you have a lot of blackheads don’t expect to be clean of every blackhead that you have, a plus is that your skin stays really soft afterward and no dry patches on the next day.
I think this is a product that we only can see true results with continuous use, one package is not enough, my advice is to use every week and you’ll probably see results after a month, but that means that you have to buy way more, which can be a little expensive.
(note: this is not an ad, sponsored and does not contain any affiliate links).