If you read our post about what we received at Christmas, you saw that I received the Douglas Caramel Nudes eyeshadow palette, and even if you didn’t, you still can read it by clicking here.
Let’s start by the end, and say that I really enjoy using this palette, it’s so versatile, you achieve looks for day and night.
It’s a palette composed of mattes, glitter, iridescent and metallics that together make 14 beautiful shades.
All the shadows are beautiful in the eyes and blend easily. The only thing that I have to point out, is that the glitter shades are not that strong when you apply, so you need to go there again to make them more visible. But on the other hand, that can be good, because that means that you can manage the exact amount of glitter that you want, simply by adding more layers.
I know that some people don’t like glitter in the eyes and prefer all matte. If you are one of those, then this is still your palette. If you are a beginner when it comes to makeup, or if you are afraid of putting to much and look like a disco ball, then this is a good option for you. The shades are easy to build, from simple to more complex looks.
Since Christmas, I’ve been reaching for this palette a lot, and I already have a favorite look using it. It’s an everyday look, that is subtle, appropriate to all types of jobs and situations.
The look consists of:
- Careful all over the lead
- Heartbreak in the outside of the eye and in the lower lead near the lashes
- Golden light, in the inside corner almost until the middle.
- This is an optional step, if you want a little extra, apply Bitter in the outside of the eye and in the lower lashes line.
- Another extra step that’s perfect if you have a night out and don’t have time, is to apply Fire or Look from corner to the middle eye, just to pop some light.
The price is a huge advantage to this palette. It costs €19,99 and has the same quality as many other palettes that I tried and cost the triple. Another pro is the quality of the mirror and the brush that come with the palette.
If you are into makeup, you noticed some similies between this and a famous palette that exists. Can you guess what? But this story is for another post. ; )